Saturday, February 23, 2008

"...Clark..."




Indy Star Sports: "Valuable player in fold"

Dallas Clark is the richest Tight End in the NFL, but I believe that $6.9 million a year is a steal. Anyone who watches this highlight clip has to agree.

In all seriousness, I was taken back by the commitment the Colts gave D-Clark with this contract. On a team that has let defensive players leave in the past for big contracts while plugging even better (and cheaper) players into those same roles the same year, it seems strange that they are so willing to tie themselves up like this at the tight end position. I understand keeping the O-line together (especially after their run-blocking the team to the Super Bowl a year ago) but I don't see how this helps the team a few years from now. Is Peyton Manning really that dependent on Clark? I guess that dropped pass to end the Chargers playoff game last year didn't hurt him too badly.

No comments: